Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I began this blog as something to share.  Memories, thoughts, directions, recipes.  When I began,  I was on top of my game or so I thought. I was directing, teaching, cooking, writing, being a Mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend.
 I remembered and I wrote. I was young again.    I juggled it all happily. Then the unforeseen happened.   I was diagnosed and laid low with Lyme disease. I dropped the juggling balls.   Nothing worked.  Brain, thoughts, muscles, joints.   I was having difficulty communicating, (God Bless you Helen Keller and anyone else with communication disorders), organizing, functioning, thinking, creating.  Can you imagine Walt Disney not being able to create? (Not that I'm remotely in the same category as Mr. Disney.)  I couldn't remember clearly, I couldn't speak clearly, I couldn't cook or create.  I was reduced to accepting  help and relying on others.  


That was hard.  There are no words to tell you how difficult it was.  But help came.  Even if I didn't ask  or want it...it came.
 My husband, son, sister, mother, mother-in law, sister's of the heart (in-laws), friends, coworkers, and neighbors came to the rescue.  Phone calls, letters. emails, visits, words of encouragement, came in many ways.  THANK YOU...

My family did not starve or suffer, my students did not know or suffer from my weakness.   My family did not loose who I was, they were,  or the position that I took in the family, and continued to put "One foot in front of the other."
Was it the best, most creative or organic??? No...it was  not.  But it was enough.

 I   took care of my own.  I will continue to do so.....I suffered, I  healed...I  planted...I l reaped.....I learned....I will sow....and I am back in the saddle......

Back in the Saddle Recipes

Crock  Pot Ribs
In mixing bowl combine:1
1  can tomato sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp minced garlic
pinch salt & pepper

1 tsp red pepper flakes
2- 3 lbs baby back ribs (pork or beef)

Mix tomato sauce to red pepper pepper flakes.  Take ribs out of package, salt and pepper both sides.  Put ribs in crock pot on low.  Pour sauce over ribs and cook on low for 8 hours, high to 6 hours.  Serve with ribs, and buttered cooked noodles or rice.  Delicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment